The Maestro Legrand series of weighty, All Sterling Silver fountain pens are produced in a limited edition of 10 pieces only. Each of these highly collectible pens are individually numbered. The design concept involved combining architectural elements of Art-Deco, such as straight lines, with elements of Art Nouveau style, such as a curved clip and the curved contour of the barrels. These elements are aided by the beauty of solid 925 Sterling Silver that was used to make the whole pen. In modern pen-making of sterling silver pens, sterling silver is normally used on pen cap and barrel only. In this unique pen, the barrel, cap, clip and other metal parts including gripping section are all made from solid 925 sterling silver. The pen parts such as fittings and clip require entirely to be made by hand due to the part's shape and properties of sterling silver. The pen itself is exceptionally balanced, considering its weight. Having a substantial weight of 2.6 ounces doesn't preclude the pen from being comfortable to write with. In fact, the weight distribution of the pen's body was designed to allow for the friction to be minimized at the tip of the pen, whether one is writing at a 90 degree or a 45 degree angle. The lower sterling silver barrel is engraved with a stripe pattern, and the screw-on cap is smooth polished sterling silver and hallmarked. The German-made solid 18K gold nib is fine sized and offers a silky smooth writing line. The pen comes with 1 extra stainless steel nib (Medium size) and a complimentary rollerball section with 1 rollerball refill, so the pen can be used as a rollerball pen by unscrewing the fountain section and screwing the rollerball section on to the barrel.
- Supplied with wood gift box, (4) ink cartridges, sterling silver polishing cloth, ink converter, 1 extra St. steel fountain nib (medium size), 1 extra roller refill and roller gripping section, certificate and 3-year warranty card.
- Ink cartridge is standard international size and is interchangeable with a variety of Fountain ink refills such as montblanc, parker, cross, waterman, Schmidt, Shaffer, s.t. DuPont, Visconti, pelican, dun hill, delta, krone, omas, ancora and cartier.
- The pen is well balanced, considering its weight. Having a weight of 2.6 ounces doesn't preclude the pen from being comfortable to write with. The weight distribution of the pen's body was designed to allow for minimized friction at the tip of the pen.
- Only 10 pieces were produced. Highly polished body without Rhodium plating. Each of these highly collectible pens are individually numbered. German-made 18-Karat Gold Fine size nib.
- The design concept involved combining architectural elements of Art-Deco with elements of Art Nouveau style. The lower sterling silver barrel is engraved with a stripe pattern. The screw-on cap with curved clip is polished sterling silver and hallmarked.